10k Training Program
Program Summer 2023
Tuesday, May 2nd - Sunday, June 24th, 2023
Red Coyote Running & Fitness - Classen Curve
5720 N. Classen Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK US 73118
Red Coyote is excited to announce the Summer 2023 Go Farther 10k Program starting May 2nd and leading up to the Love Run 5K/10K on June 24th! The Red Coyote 10K Training Program is FREE to people of all abilities (run or walk) to help get the community moving, stay motivated, and achieve their personal goals.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
- • All abilities
- • Those who can run/walk a minimum of 3 miles and want a structured program to increase their mileage from 5K to 10K
- • Those shooting for a new PR
Train with the Pack means you’ll get a supportive, fun, and diverse group to train with and pack coaches to keep you motivated!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- • Gradual and strategic increase in training mileage to help you achieve your goal safely
- • Motivational and educational materials provided by pace group leaders and peers
- • Weekly training schedules and routes
- • Exclusive offerings for training program participants with community partners (free yoga classes, cross training, physical therapists consults, etc.)
- • Instruction on proper hydration, nutrition, injury prevention, running form, training principles, and everything you need to have a successful race!
- • Lots of fun, new friends, social gatherings, and celebration!
- • Tuesday, May 2nd at 6:00 p.m. at Red Coyote Classen Curve - Kickoff Workout
- • All Tuesday evening runs will be at 6:00 p.m. and all Saturday morning runs will begin at 7:00 a.m. at various awesome running locations around the OKC Metro
- Please note: we will always run three miles on Tuesday and will gradually increase from 3.5 to 6.2 miles on Saturday mornings.
WHY RED COYOTE?
- We have over 60 experienced pace group coaches who will support you and keep you motivated!
REGISTRATION, COST, & DETAILS
- • Our 10K program is FREE again this season! Although this is a free program, you must be officially registered to be granted access to the Facebook page.
- • You'll receive a welcome email, training handbook, schedule, and link to the Facebook page prior to the start of training.
- • When you register, you’ll have the option to purchase a Training Program shirt for $15 - these shirts will be available to pick up about halfway through the program and we’ll notify you when they are ready.
Come learn more about the program and get your questions answered at one of our informational meetings
- • Monday, April 10th at 7:00 p.m. at Red Coyote Classen Curve - In Person and Zoom
- • Wednesday, April 26th at 7:00 p.m. at Red Coyote Edmond - In Person and Zoom
- Meetings last approximately 30-45 minutes each.
5K Newbie Program
Anyone can do it
Looking for structured introduction to running to help get in shape without getting injured along the way? We've got the program for you.Learn More
GO THE DISTANCE
Our program is designed to help you train for any full marathon or half marathon. Are you ready to go the distance?learn more